Monday, May 12, 2014

Meet Kelly

What is your craft?

With Love by Kelly Lou is a small business which I run from home by myself. I hand paint and decorate wooden keepsakes and plaques. I make many plaques with popular phrases on but I am also able to custom make pieces to exact specifications.

How did you get started and when?

With Love by Kelly Lou started in January 2013. I had been an ebay power seller for about 4 years, buying and selling on items of lingerie. The business was coming to its natural end and I wanted to be able to carry on working for myself from home. I studied A Level Art at school but had not had the opportunity to express my creativity since leaving sixth form. I studied Social Sciences at University then went on to a couple of office jobs afterwards. I left work in 2004 to have my first child Matthew who was then followed in 2006 by Abigail. I feel that having the opportunity to run my own business doing something I love whilst having flexibility to work around school hours and holidays is a great position to be in.

Do you have a business name? What is it and how did you choose it?

I’m afraid my business name isn’t very imaginative!! It is called With Love by Kelly Lou as I am called Kelly Louise. I suppose it makes it instantly recognisable though. A lot of people shorten it to Kelly Lou.

What is your favourite part of your craft?

There are many lovely moments when you are making items that people have specifically requested. It is fantastic when you have invested a lot of your time and thought into creating a piece for someone and you know that you have got it right and they love it.

What is your least favourite part?

I am lucky enough to be able to say truthfully that I love everything about my craft. I love hand painting the shapes, choosing the right embellishments and seeing it all come together. I also love interacting with my customers who have all been so lovely!

Do you have a favourite thing that you make? Do you have a picture of it?

At the moment I would have to say my new plaques with 3d script words on and also my popular 8cm wine quote hearts.





Do you have a website or Facebook page? If so what is the URL?

My website is www.withlovebykellylou.com
My Facebook page is www.facebook.com/WithLovebyKellyLou
My Twitter profile is @kellycarrotte

Do you sell your makes? If so, how and where?

I sell most of my products via Facebook, Twitter and my website. I have my items stocked in a shop in Northumberland, where I am originally from, a craft shop in Barnsley and a shop in Bradford Market. I also sell my items regularly at craft fairs around Yorkshire, all of which are advertised on my Facebook page.

What is your favourite craft product?

It would have to be buttons. I love getting a new bag of mixed buttons and looking through them to see what is in there and thinking about what I can do with them.

What is your favourite craft supplier?

Bailey Wood supply my wooden shapes. They are fantastic quality products and they are constantly expanding their range which gives me new inspiration.

Personal Details

Kelly Louise Carrotte

Age 36

Location Ossett, West Yorkshire


No comments:

Post a Comment