Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Meet Vikki

What is your craft?

Sewing, knitting and making cakes

How did you get started and when?

I made my own clothes as a teenager and picked it up again a few years ago when I was given a sewing machine for Christmas. Summer dresses for the girls feature quite strongly. The cakes started when the girls began having birthday parties and it snowballed from there.

About three years ago we decided to make most of the Christmas presents as I got sick of buying plastic rubbish at great expense that no-one really wanted. It’s possible our home-made presents aren’t wanted either but everyone’s been too polite to say so! 2014 is the year of knitting. I acquired the family collection of knitting needles & equipment (to which at least 3 generations have contributed) and have started knitting small animals. Guess what everyone’s getting this Christmas?

Do you have a business name?  What is it and how did you choose it?

I’m strictly friends and family, I’m too slow to make money at it

What is your favourite part of your craft?

Choosing what to make and selecting the materials

What is your least favourite part?

Cutting out; I’m not very good at it.

Do you have a favourite thing that you make?  Do you have a picture of it?

I’m quite proud of some of the cakes I’ve made.


Do you have a website or Facebook page?  If so what is the URL?

The cakes are on Pinterest, http://gb.pinterest.com/vcolenutt/

What is your favourite craft product?

Probably fabric. I’ve just discovered the Urban Mod collection

What is your favourite craft supplier?

Ebay for cake supplies and fabric and Mrs Bobbins in Rothwell for sewing supplies

Personal Details

Name Vikki
Age 41
Location Rothwell

No comments:

Post a Comment