Thursday, September 18, 2014

Charity Sale

When we were clearing out my Mama's house there were lots of books in excellent condition, so I decided it would be nice to hold a book sale for her chosen charities, NSPCC and RNLI.  We have added books of our own so there is something for everyone.  The sale is taking place tomorrow evening and Saturday morning at Rothwell Baptist church.  We are very lucky that the church has let us have the room for no charge and that they are providing tea and coffee and any proceeds from the sale of tea and coffee, so kind of them.  On Friday the sale is running alongside Cafe Friday and Friday club which this week are celebrating harvest with family activities and food for all.  On Saturday there will be refreshments including home made cake from Cakes for Breaks, gluten free goodies, coffee and assorted teas.

The sales also includes some Cds, DVDs and magazine for all ages.


I won't be at the sale or activities tomorrow as I have my quilting class tomorrow and also have Emily at home today as she is unwell.  I was hoping she would settle down and sleep, but she is making lots of demands and wearing me out on a day I was hoping to prepare the last of the stuff for the sale and get plenty of rest for the class and the sale and the other activities we have on over the weekend. The best laid schemes o' mice an' men, Gang aft a-gley, [often go awry] to quote Robert Burns!

No comments:

Post a Comment