Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Highs and Lows

A quick post today as feeling rubbish.

My positives for yesterday were hard to find, but I got to 5 ways and took and spoke out in the group so that's two positives.  After that things fell a bit flat as I felt awful and still do.  It was nice to come home to a clean house as the temporary cleaner had been in, so think that's my three.

In the group we talked about making small steps and appreciating gradual change and noticing the small things.  I think this is something I need to focus on as I always set my sights too high and set goals that are not realistic.  I have to accept that I have limitations and set goals within them without seeing that as failure.  I was impressed by an article the other about focusing on the little things that we can do, rather than the bigger things that we are not able to do, stress mindset and chronic illness.

We finally committed to having a loft conversion.  We have talked about it on and off for years, firstly because we wanted another child, but then that never happened.  Now we have decided to have it done to give Emily her own space as she grows older and to be able to spread out a bit, the house in very cluttered.  It will be a long process as it won't be built until next year and then it will take us ages to get it finished off and fitted out, but hopefully this time next year we will be almost there.  Its not the ideal solution as we would like more space rather than extra rooms, but we can't expand what we have, but hopefully spreading things out a bit will make a difference and it will also mean that hopefully we don't have to buy too much furniture.

I need to finish now as getting to sick and dizzy, not to mention tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment